When we launched secret chain lube, Josh admitted that the starting point for this product was a hot wax recipe he had used for years with pro teams that had won numerous world and Olympic medals. The idea behind Secret Chain Lube was to bring this technology to a lube that didn't require hot melting but turns out, many of our customers were already big fans of hot waxing chains, and the requests flooded in for us to release the SILCA Secret Wax Blend.. so here it is!
Consisting of highly refined laboratory-grade paraffin and a high concentration of 3 specific sizes of nano-scale Tungsten disulfide, Secret Chain Blend not only acts as a lubricant but actually acts to modify the surface of the chain, filling in all of the crevices of the metal with highly lubricious and wear-resistant tungsten disulfide particles. As a result, chains waxed with Secret Chain Blend and Secret Chain Lube will actually get faster over time and after repeated waxings. Secret Chain Blend is the only hot wax lubricant to have a specifically matched and compatible drip wax which can be used to 'top off' the wax as needed, extending the duration between hot wax applications, and guaranteeing the quietest running drivetrain possible. Using the combination of Secret Chain Blend and Secret Chain Lube can dramatically extend the chain and drivetrain component life (up to 10x).
Best of all perhaps is that this formula would prove to be very environmentally friendly, utilizing 4 different types of wax, nanoplatelets of WS2 (Tungsten Disulfide).
1. Use a degreaser and brush and begin working the degreaser into the chain links
2. We recommend 6-8 revolutions of the chain, scrubbing all sides of the chain with the brush to work the degreaser into the links and rollers
3. Hose the chain directly just in front of the rear derailleur pulley. DO NOT DIRECT PRESSURE onto cassette, hub/axle or BB areas
4. With clean brush and strong dish soap/water mixture (we like ~1 tablespoon Dawn in ~2 cups water) work through the chain again, scrubbing all sides and trying to drive out any remaining dirt as well as any trapped solvent
5. Direct spray rinse the chain again
6. Dry chain with towel/paper towels and allow to air dry in sun for at least 30 minutes OR (preferred) Direct Blow with high-pressure air to drive out remaining liquids and particulates
INSTRUCTIONS TO COME.